Lunes, Hulyo 11, 2011

Maxi Peel Exfoliant Lotion

Being born with oily skin and large pores, fighting pimple and acne breakouts have always been a part of my daily routine. I’ve tried almost every acne-fighting product there is that I can afford. And one product that I have gotten used to is the Maxi Peel Exfoliant lotion.



Though I have moderate to severe pimples, I use Maxi Peel 1 (for mild pimples) to avoid the adverse effects of using hydroquinone (Maxi Peel’s main ingredient). Hydroquinone helps dry out my pimples and peel off my rough outer skin to reveal a rosy and smoother complexion. Because Maxi Peel is very potent, I can actually see its peeling effect even within one week of use. The product leaflet warned of the appearance of more acne in the first two weeks of application due to the so-called purging effect. That is, the solution will let out all the dirt that’s been trapped inside your outer skin. Luckily, I never experienced this. Though I had to avoid the sun while on treatment because, based on my earlier experience, exposure to the sun (even just for a few minutes) turned my skin red as beet and it felt tight as leg stockings. After a few days, the red skin was replaced by burnt skin. I had to stop the treatment for two weeks and dabbed on dollops of moisturizer to relieve my skin of the burn. But that horrible experience did not discourage me from continuing the treatment, of course.

I use Maxi Peel once in two months for two consecutive weeks for my deep skin exfoliation needs. But I had to make sure that I put n sunblock even when I am inside the house.

I would recommend Maxi Peel for those battling with their pimples and want to see immediate improvement in their skin. However, be very careful and follow the dosage and application instructions carefully. For those with thin and sensitive skin, forget Maxi Peel. It’s not made for your skin type.

A review by theredquill  

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento